Skip to main content

A Terrible Story

Once upon a time there was a young woman who had been blessed with so many gifts; the gift of time, the gift of technology, the gift of a home, the gift of family, etc. However, all these gifts did not make her a better memory preserver, which is what she had wanted all along to do. You see, memories are fleeting and hard to hold on to. The instant happens and you promise yourself that you'll always and forever remember what had just been, only to realize you can't quite recall what exactly was said or in what order things happened. And it just gets worse the farther down in time you get.

I have been a terrible, terrible journalist of what has been going on, especially when it comes to the little Monkey. He's already ONE YEAR OLD and I at least have been keeping up on his monthly pictures. (Which I just remembered I am late taking his 12 month picture! AAAHH!) The whole reason I had started blogging was; 1.) Because I live so far away from all my family and a majority of my friends, B.) Because I found life, traditions, and the culture to be so different from what many people (including me) have experienced making it all so interesting down here. And lastly because I had a baby and I wanted to remember as much as possible about his first years on earth because they pass so very, very quickly.

As you can see my attempt at keeping to this goal is lacking enthusiasm. Ssssssssooooooooo(!) my new goal is to write something down at least once a week, to just spend ten or fifteen minutes to record as much as possible before I get too far down the rabbit hole that is life and lose it all in the jumble of time.

So to start off, here are some pictures of Monkey that should perfectly explain and represent his current status and progression.
     

Comments